Self Care Journal Prompts
Reflective journal prompts to help you practice self-care, discovery, reflection, and self-love. Improve your mental health and achieve your dreams with powerful journaling prompts.
There’s nothing more satisfying than opening a brand new journal. A fresh start. A new opportunity to grab your favorite pen and accomplish some of your best handwriting ever!
There’s just one problem…what do I write about?
We all know that journaling can help you to improve your mental health, achieve your goals, and practice self-care (just to mention a few benefits).
But, if you’re anything like me, you’re probably very protective about what goes into your journal.
I only want the best to go into my journal…
What should be in a self-care journal?
A well-run journal should help you with self-reflection, self-discovery, self-love, and focus.
Include both the good and bad moments of your daily life; what you feel most grateful for and who you desire to be. Over time a self-care journal should aim to help you grow as a person.
Self-care journal prompts and reflective questions can help you to get the most out of your journal.
- Self Reflection Questions to Know Yourself Better
- 30 Self Care Challenge Ideas
- Self Care Notebook Ideas For Your Bullet Journal
How to use journal prompts for self-care?
For those days you’re feeling overwhelmed and you have no clue what to write about, self-reflection prompts will help you to discover new things about yourself.
Each day pick a few questions to answer in your journal. The aim is to learn about yourself and discover new strengths and weaknesses. This can lead to better ways to love, accept and take care of yourself.
NOTE: Allow yourself to write answers freely with no self-judgment or overthinking. Self-acceptance is an important part of journaling.
If you’re struggling with what to write in your new journal, here are the best writing prompts for self-care journals:
Journal Prompts for Your Self Love Journey
Try these journaling prompts to help you practice self-acceptance and self-love journey:
- What are you most grateful for right now?
- How do you remind yourself that you’re enough?
- How can I celebrate myself today?
- What is your proudest moment?
- What is my favorite personality trait?
- When I feel sad, what can I do to make myself feel better?
- What makes me feel alive?
- What is my best accomplishment?
- How can I show myself more love?
- How do I put myself first without feeling guilty?
- What qualities do I think others admire about me?
- How do I trust myself to make big decisions?
Journaling prompts for self-discovery
Self-reflection is key to discovering new things about yourself. Use the questions below to help you with your personal growth.
- What makes me feel calm?
- What makes me feel powerful?
- What thought patterns are holding you back right now?
- What have you done lately that you are proud of?
- What are your priorities for this year?
- What does the word “happiness” mean to me?
- What inspires me the most?
- What is my proudest moment?
- What does unconditional love look like for me?
- How do I calm my nerves in a difficult situation?
- How can I step outside my comfort zone more often?
- What is one adjustment I can make to improve my nighttime routine?
- How do I set boundaries to avoid absorbing someone else’s stress
- How do you share your feelings with the people who care about you?
- What’s the best dream I can remember?
- What brings me genuine joy?
- How do I stay focused and steer clear of distractions?
- What personal needs am I sacrificing to meet the needs of others?
- If I could escape to anywhere in the world, where would I go?
- What wild and crazy thing should I try?
- What small change could I do to make life more delightful every day?
- What is my ultimate goal in life?
- I am grateful to money because_________.
- What makes me feel in control?
- What’s a funny story that makes me laugh every time?
- How do I notice when I’m nearing burnout?
- How do I savor the time I get alone?
- How do I forgive myself when I make a mistake?
- What helps me slow down and feel more present?
By answering all the journal prompts above, you can dramatically improve your mental health, well-being, and relationship with yourself.
Practicing self-care can be achieved in many ways. Here are a few extra self-care posts that can encourage you to live I live full of self-love, happiness, and confidence: